I did it!
A Whole30 Thirty days!
And I did not cheat once. NOT ONCE! Not a lick of a spoon, not a chocolate chip, not nuthin!
And I am not lying!
And I may use an exclamation point at the end of every sentence in this post because I AM SO DAMN PROUD OF MYSELF and you can’t stop me!
I’m a diet pro. I’ve been dieting since I was a chubby little baby. I’ve tried them all. So what’s one more?
Here’s why I did this diet.
- Reset my body. I had been eating like crap for quit awhile. Even before the holiday season started. I was giving into cravings and just eating whatever, whenever. It’s true, you are what you eat. I was eating crap and definitely feeling like crap! I was waking up feeling arthritic and stiff. I was constantly tired and irritable. I was getting awful breakouts and my skin was sallow and dry and I was starting to notice a lot of little wrinkles that I didn’t remember before.
- Reset my mindset. I tend to start things and not finish them and I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. I knew that if I could be successful at this, it could spill over into other areas of my life.
- Reset my relationship with food. By removing the food, I could really dive into why I was eating. I was able to realize that when I was bored, I ate. I also ate when I was anxious or stressed. And closet-eating was my thang. I was always sneaking food. I didn’t want people to see how much i ate and I was embarrassed. Even in front of my own family.
Here’s what this diet did for me.
- I feel better. I am not as achy and stiff, my mood is better and my skin is bright and clear and my complexion is so much better.
- I drink a lot more water and I’m no longer dehydrated.
- I walk away from food when I feel anxious or stressed. Even healthy food, because eating anything at that point is just covering a bigger problem.
- I know the difference between feeding my hunger and feeding my anxiety.
- I slow down when I eat and enjoy the food and feel thankful for my meal.
- I reduced my portion sizes and stop eating when I’m satisfied. Not full. Satisfied.
- I stopped overthinking what I eat. I know what I should eat to fuel my body and how the wrong foods will make me feel.
- I can do anything I set my mind to!
- I organized my meals! There isn’t much on Whole30 you can pick up on the go. So planning and prepping is essential.
- I lost weight and inches. 7 pounds during the month and an inch off my bust, waist and thighs. I was kind of hoping for more. But I have to remember that since my broken ankle, I have been unable to do any exercise besides therapy. It’s a start though.
So, regardless of any weight or inches lost, I feel like I have gained in personal growth that will help me move forward with getting my body healthy and happy. I have a lot of weight to lose still, but now I am armed with the knowledge that I can do whatever I set my mind to do.
As for now what? I will continue eating the Whole30 way, but yes I will begin to add in some foods, but I’ve come too far to start adding back in all the junk.
I can’t recommend this diet enough. It is strict and it is hard. But you get out of it is worth every day.