After a long summer of syndicated sitcoms and lame movies, I cannot wait for the Fall TV premiers of my favorite returning shows and maybe even some new ones.
So, here’s what I’m watching. What are you looking forward to catching (or catching up on) this Fall?
- Outlander (9/25) on Starz at 8/7c. Ladies! You have one day, ONE! to catch up on Season 2! I am not going to spoil it for you. All I’m going to say is that we left Claire standing at the stones at Craigh na Dun in 1968. Don’t have time to catch up? Check out this post an you’ll be all caught up and ready to watch. I honestly wasn’t thrilled with the start of Season 2, but I’m pretty sure it was only because they cleaned Jamie up and put him fancy-schmancy French clothes. Don’t fret girls, they dirty him up good and purdy. Nuff said.
- Big Bang Theory – Season 11 premiers on Monday (9/25) at 8/7c on CBS. We left “Sh-Amy” in the middle of a proposal. Will she or won’t she? The bigger question should be, how will Sheldon screw this up with one of his typical social faux pas? We’ll soon find out.
- Speechless – Wednesday (927) at 8/7c on ABC. This is one of the family’s favorite shows right now. We are so happy it got renewed for another season. This family just has it right. Their focus is on the family and even though Mom (Minnie Driver) is a bit crazy, she is the ultimate mom. Completely focused on her family and not really giving a shit about the little things. I love these characters. Each one of them has their quirks but even Ray, the middle child, who comes across as a bit selfish, always worrying and trying to feel “normal” and doesn’t seem to fit in with the rest of the DiMeo clan, always comes around in the end by learning a valuable lesson from his parents and siblings. This show is all about family. If you haven’t caught Season 1, go do it.
- Modern Family – Wednesday (9/27) at 9/8c on ABC. Stay in your seat after Speechless. I love this smart, funny, clever show. This show is so well written and has a “Seinfeld-ish” feel to it, as all the events are seemingly connected in ways as they wrap up each episode. I don’t need to tell you about this show though. If you haven’t seen it in syndication, you must be living under a rock somewhere.
- Will & Grace – Thursday (9/28) at 9/8c on NBC. I was a huge fan of this show way back when and I am beyond excited to see how they are going to bring these incredibly funny characters back together. Word on the streets is that they have ignored the finale (thank God, wasn’t a fan of how they left them). The cast says the series is “exactly the same” (thank you again). We fell in love with those characters. To change them would be a sin. I can’t wait to see them all together again.
- 9JKL – Monday at 8:30/7:30c on CBS. A great cast and a funny premise (think Everyone Loves Raymond) of a man (Mark Feuerstein) living in an apartment between his intrusive family members. Mom and Dad (Linda Lavin and Elliot Gould) on one side and and his brother and sister-in-law and their baby on the other.
- Stranger Things – (10/31) Netflix. Back in Hawkins things are getting even stranger. I loved Season 1 and I squealed with glee when the Season 2 trailer came out. This show is reminiscent of Stand By Me. It’s kind of a coming of age kind of show with an added dose of weirdness and terror. Halloween is going to be even scarier this year!
Ok, your turn!