*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means I receive a small payment if you make a purchase through this link. Thank you for supporting my coffee habit.
June is all about last days of school and first day of camp. Bonfires and beaches. Warm, sunny days at the lake and of course, barbecues and beer. I don’t know about you, but when I think about all these things I think about Dads and Fathers’ Day. Also because my father in law (a.k.a. Grumpy or Cranky Frankie) reminds me to not forget his birthday which is the same day as Fathers’ Day, or thereabouts.
Did you know that in the past, a lot of men were upset about the day because it was an “attempt to domesticate manliness with flowers and gifts, most likely paid for by the man himself”.
We love ya dads! And because we love you, we’re giving you booze and barbecue for Fathers’ Day! Which, by the way folks is June 18th, Cranky Frankie just reminded me again.
Now go out there Dads and grab your beer, get your buzz on and cook us some meat!
If you’re lost for what to get Dear Old Dad for Fathers’ Day or are looking for something clever, here are some of my favorite gift ideas.
Boozy Barbecue Fathers’ Day Gift Guide
- Dad need a hobby? How about Mr. Beer Premium Gold Edition 2 Gallon Homebrewing Craft Beer Making Kit. He can make brew from start to finish with this kit. There’s no need for additional purchases, it’s all in here. That’s a hoppin deal!
- Whether dad’s barbecue is world famous because it’s finger-lickin, lip-smackin good or because he burns everything to a crisp, he’d be proud to display this Dad’s BBQ Vintage Tin Sign by the pit.
- Barbecue Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades–Bastes, Butters & Glazes, Too and
- How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques, A Barbecue Bible! Cookbook by Steven Raichlen. These books are a must for anyone passionate about BBQ. From the beginner to the sophisticated BBQ chef! I bought this for my husband for Fathers’ Day. Ssssshhhh, don’t tell him! Also, don’t tell him I already sorta kinda read it. I couldn’t take it anymore!
- Praise the Lard: Recipes and Revelations from a Legendary Life in Barbecue Here’s another can’t live without barbecue book written by “The Legend” Mike Mills and “Barbecue Heiress” daughter Amy. Anecdotes and almost 100 smokin recipes from 17th Street barbecue royalty. Who can resist recipes like Pork Belly Bites, Ain’t No Thang Like a Chicken Wing and Blackberry Pie? A great read with beautiful full color photos. The man in your life will love it. Ok, you will too. But, don’t buy it right now and read it and wrap it. That would be wrong.
- Barbecuing can be messy business. Dad needs an apron. I have a thing about aprons. They define you as a cook, as a person even. At least mine does. What does your apron say about you? Is it a bikini body or funny cartoon or a smart ass phrase? This apron is definitely going into the gift bag. It says it all!
- Does the man in your life prefer wine? This Wine for Two Gift Box includes two wine tumblers and two wine twirls chillers that sit at the bottom of your wine glass for a refreshing sip every time. So “swirl and twirl” and enjoy!
- I personally love this new YETI Hopper Two Portable Cooler. Tough as nails and ice for days! The new tapered design makes it easy to load (and unload) and carry and it is nearly indestructible. YETIs are pricey but they are so worth it! If you are an outdoorsman, you need to make this investment. They really are fantastic products! My husband loves his YETI Tundra 75 Cooler. It’s big and heavy, but they do sell two-axel wheels separately, of course. I think my husband would have a tough choice to make if someone said “It’s either the wife, or the YETI”.
- ROCKS Whiskey Chilling Stones Handcrafted Granite Round Sipping Rocks with Hardwood Presentation and Storage Tray is a unique gift for a whiskey lover. These stunning, eco-friendly granite stones will quickly chill your spirits without watering down your drink. They come in a gorgeous hardwood presentation and storage tray and would make a beautiful addition to the home bar. These would make a perfect companion for a good bottle. Here are a few recommendations if you need soe help. Whistle Pig Straight Rye Whiskey for the rye lover, and you can’t go wrong with an exceptionally smooth Gentleman Jack and if you’re looking for bourbon, Maker’s Mark is a great choice for a wheat bourbon.
- Mason Shaker Barware Set I loved this! Of course I do have a fondness for Mason jars, but who doesn’t? This set comes with a Mason Shaker, a natural hardwood muddler, a Jigger (.75 oz) and an awesome book called “Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails” that contains 168 Pages of recipes like the Watermelon Daiquiri and The Down Easter. Yes Please!
Remember, nothing replaces the gift of time. Bring him some lunch. Help him out around the house. Play a few games of cribbage and just be present. There are many that would give anything for just that.
Have a great Fathers’ Day!
Let me tell you a secret about a father’s love
A secret that my daddy said was just between us
He said daddies don’t just love their children every now and then
It’s a love without end, amen
-Love Without End Amen, George Straight-