It’s finally here! I am beyond excited. I think I am more excited than Nina, and she’s reeeaaalllyyy excited. But yeah, I’m more excited. It’s like Christmas! But better!
Every time a Beauty and the Beast trailer comes on, we stop to watch. I grab her arm excitedly and squeal like a giddy toddler. “Ooooooooooo! TWO MORE DAYS! ONE MORE DAY! NO MORE DAYS!!!!”
I love everything about the original movie and from what I have seen from the ads, the live action film is not going to disappoint.
We watched the original animated film the other day (several times actually) and I had almost forgotten how much I love the music. Especially Be Our Guest. What a great song!
“Try the grey stuff,it’s delicious!
Don’t believe us? Ask the dishes!”
Did you know there was such thing as “the grey stuff”? It’s real, and it’s good. It’s. Real.Good.
The first time we had the grey stuff, it was sunny and 85 degrees, but the snow fell quietly outside the ballroom’s immense windows. It’s always twilight at the castle and the snow gently blows with small changing gusts of wind.
It isn’t just frosting!
It was brought to our table by none other than the Beast himself to honor the special “It’s my Birthday!” button Nina had pinned to her shirt. I think she was a bit intimidated by his size initially, but when she saw the mound of “grey stuff” piled onto her special plate, she relaxed a bit and shook his hand. Paw? Hoof? Whatever.
I thought the grey stuff was just frosting, but it isn’t. It is pretty much Oreo cookie mousse. And it is sooooooooo good. SO. GOOD.
If you have a chance to eat at the Beast’s Castle in Disney World, make sure you try some. If you can’t get there, or can’t get a reservation (again, watch for my WDW tips coming soon) here is the recipe.
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1½ c milk
- 15 oreos
- 1 small tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
- 2 Tbls instant chocolate pudding mix
- Edible pearls and/or sprinkles
- Whisk the instant vanilla pudding mix and milk and chill for 10 minutes or so
- Pulse Oreos in the food processor until they turn to crumbs
- Mix the Oreo crumbs with the pudding and fold in Cool Whip and chocolate pudding and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving
- Place in a piping bag and swirl onto a plate and top with pearls and sprinkles